Proposed Credit Union Vashon - Feasibility Survey
Your answers to the questions below will help assess the feasibility of creating a credit union on Vashon-Maury Island. We thank you in advance for taking the time to fill out this very important survey -- your feedback is invaluable to the Credit Union Vashon (CUVashon) initiative. Please help us by answering as many questions as possible.
Please note: If you would like to fill out this survey and are under the age of 18, please have an adult fill it out with you. Also, If you are under 18 years of age and would like to open an account with CUVashon, you would need to have a co-signer (i.e. parent, guardian, person 18 years of age or older) in order to open any CUVashon account.
1. Do you live, work, worship, or go to school on Vashon?
2. How important is it to you to have a credit union on Vashon?
3a. Would you pay a one-time, non-refundable membership fee to belong to CUVashon?
3b. If yes, how much?
4. Would you join CUVashon if it only offered the BASIC services, assuming it offered competitive interest rates? (see chart at our "Why a Credit Union" link in the menu above.)
5. Please check the Account Types that most interest you?
Health Savings Accounts
6a. Please select the Loan Types that most interest you. (Assuming competitive interest rates)
Home Energy Efficiency
Line of Credit
6b. How much would you likely borrow?
7. Please check the services that most interest you.
Financial Literacy Education
8. How much would you likely deposit into your checking account at CUVashon in a month if the checking account met your needs? (e.g. paychecks, retirement, savings, etc.)
$5,001 - $25,000
$1 - $1,000
$25,001 - $100,000
$1,001 - $5,000
9. How much would you likely keep in savings at CUVashon, given competitive interest rates?
10. Would you deposit the majority of your money with CUVashon, assuming competitive interest rates?
11. Would you deposit more money over time in CUVashon, assuming (a) competitive interest rates and (b) that you feel confident about how the credit union is progressing?
12. Given the information about deposit insurance (see our "Why a Credit Union" page linked to in the menu above) , do you feel that your deposits would be secure at CUVashon?
13. If no, how could CUVashon address your concerns?
Personal Contact from someone at CUVashon
Need more information
Please explain your answer to question 13.
Do you commute off-island for work (more than 3 days/week)?
Annual Household Income:
Employment Status (choose as many as are appropriate):
Do you have children under the age of 18 in the household?
If you would like to supply any additional information or comments, please do so here.
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this survey.
If you have any inquiries email: info@CUVashon.org
Please tell your friends, family, neighbors - anyone on Vashon-Maury Island to take this survey at www.CUVashon.org
Do Not Fill This Out